Hoist or Balancer? Let us help you decide.
Hoists and balancers are the muscle of lifting systems and are the most integral part of the system. That’s why we offer the most extensive line of hoists and air balancers of any provider in Manitoba and Saskatchewan. We partner with several manufacturers to be able to offer the perfect solution for your exact needs – every time.
The first guiding principle behind everything we design and sell for is operator safety. At Acculift, we are committed to protecting your co-workers and having a hoist that fits your needs is paramount to a safe lift. We also embrace the drive for productivity – our range of reliable air and electric chain hoists are proven to increase workplace efficiency and performance. Safe and fast is our target.
But what makes up the components of a hoist? Any device used for lifting or lowering a load by means of a drum or lift-wheel around which rope or chain wraps is considered a hoist. It may be manually operated, electrically or pneumatically driven and may use chain, fiber or wire rope as its lifting medium. The best are silent running, minimal vibration and durable but you need to consider your load and function when selecting a hoist. Size may be your biggest consideration if the hoist is moved to various job sites or space is tight. Lift capacity is usually the primary concern but have you considered manual versus electric operation? These are all important considerations when selecting a hoist for your operation.
Here is the checklist of some of our considerations when selecting a lifting device for our clients:
- Capacity: The maximum weight it can handle,
- Lift: How far are you moving the load,
- Speed of the lift – how fast do you need to move the product,
- Incoming power source and the control voltage,
- Pendant control cable length or remote control capabilities needed,
- Suspension: How’s it hanging? How is the crane supported?
- Type of trolley: Plain, geared or motorized,
- Type of beam the hoist or air balancer will run on.