19 Nov Product Spotlight – Demag DC-PRO Chain Hoists
The DC-Pro chain hoist is a fully-featured, highly versatile chain hoist, which can be installed and put into service in minimum time. With many built-in features, this hoist has a very high value to price ratio.
With this hoist the “extra” features are standard and so are two lifting speeds. With a 24V control, operating limit switches in upper and lower range, an elapsed operating time counter, this hoist has all the premium features built-in.
It also features:
- Aluminium housing components with powder coating,
- Duty factor: 60% (40/20), 360 starts/hour,
- Signals for applications with three motion axes,
- Suitable for tandem operation,
- Comprehensive selection of finely graded load capacities up to 5,000 kg,
- Suspension brackets for improved C dimension (for sizes DC 1–10).
Long service life
- Gearbox, brake and slipping clutch are maintenance-free for up to 10 years (DC-Pro 10–25 brake for up to 5 years),
- Low-wear brake thanks to regenerative braking,
- Brake adjustment is not necessary,
- No load dropping thanks to slipping clutch arranged in front of the brake in the load-bearing arrangement,
- Reduced chain wear thanks to 1/1 reeving for loads up to 1,000 kg,
- Robust cylindrical-rotor motor with fan and separate DC brake,
- No brake bonding thanks to double encapsulated brake.
High operating reliability
- Standard requirements satisfied for functional safety,
- No continuous slipping thanks to slipping clutch with automatic cut-out,
- 24 V contactor control with internal “tri-state” signal transfer,
- Chain hoist and travel drive feature IP 55 enclosure, insulation class F,
- Automatic braking if the control system fails.
- Height-adjustable DSC/DSC-S control pendants with low-fatigue actuation force,
- Control cable length and control pendant position can be adjusted to meet specific needs on site
(without any need for wiring),
- Pivoting suspension bracket enables the chain hoist to be attached when the trolley has been fitted.
- “Plug & Lift” and “Plug & Drive” for all electrical connections,
- Elapsed operating time counter, status and error messages shown on display,
- Infrared diagnostic interface with IDAPSY software (to read out and manage specific data),
- Service cover for rapid access to plug connections, strain relief arrangements, collector for 3 m control cable and chain drive,
- Chain lubrication through lubrication opening in the chain guide for improved lubrication between links (sizes DC 1–10).
- Reduced downtimes as chain drive can be replaced without dismantling motor or gearbox parts.
- Low-voltage control pendant thanks to 24 V contactor control system
- Safety-related functions satisfy at least Performance Level c and Category 2 to EN ISO 13849-1
Minimum load sway
- Smooth cross-travel starting and braking motions for low-sway load handling
- Speeds and acceleration/braking rates can be modified by means of the control pendant, if required
Long service life
- Generously specified gearbox. 2m+ (1,900 hours) for main load capacities and up to 4m (6,300 hours) for demanding applications
- All sub-assemblies of the chain hoist are rated for a long service life, even under the most demanding conditions
- Reliable operation from -20 °C to +45 °C without any reduction in the duty factor
- Operation also possible up to 60 °C and more
- Length of control cable or position of control pendant can be adjusted without the need for any wiring
- Length of control cable that is not needed can be stored under the service cover
- Hoist motor has large safety reserves to provide for reliable operation for many years
- Can be used for switching cycles way beyond usual market levels
- Up to 90% higher rated lifting speed in reduced load range
Easy to service
- Gearbox & slipping clutch maintenance-free for up to 10 years
- Brake maintenance-free for up to 10 years (up to 5 years for DC 10–25)
- Simple and rapid maintenance and repair of individual components thanks to the modular chain hoist design – cuts any downtime to a minimum
- Valuable and sensitive parts can be moved and positioned more smoothly and reliably
- Variable button characteristic like a car accelerator pedal
- Display for elapsed operating time counter and operating statuses
- Always up-to-date for service purposes
Slipping clutch monitoring
- Harmful continuous slipping eliminated thanks to speed monitoring
- Reliable protection against extreme overload
- Load securely held in any operating situation and cannot drop while hoist is at standstill, since brake is arranged in front of the slipping clutch in load-bearing arrangement
Low noise level
- Reduced operating noise thanks to helical gearing in all gearbox stages
- Smooth running characteristics thanks to high-quality gearing
Online product configurator
- Easy to use
- Specify products to meet your needs
- Save your configuration
- Immediate results
- Online ordering via Demag Shop
CAD geometry data
- Configure 2D or 3D geometry data online in many file formats
- 3D PDF for rapid view without CAD program
Information available 24/7
- Whenever you want
- Up-to-date information
- Product description
- Technical data
- Circuit diagrams
Use our vast product knowledge to your benefit
and let us help you select the right system for your job.
We are Canada’s leading supplier of high-performance lifting solutions, offering quick delivery and installation times backed by the industry’s best warranty. Contact us today to arrange a consultation, (204) 837 8367 or Toll Free at 1 888 317 8880.